I cannot believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. Last week was Mother’s Day and everything at the shop was crazy! So hectic but as my second “flower holiday” as Enchanted I remain blown away how efficient and organized the day truly goes. There were certainly many happy Mama’s out there after they got treats from The Fairy!
So as all of my wedding industry colleagues can attest, it sure is wedding season. We are busy as can be creating bouquets, centerpieces and more to make each and every wedding day as perfect as possible. Again as it is my first wedding season… I live astounded by the talent in this shop.
So today for our Vendor Spotlight I am featuring two of the most adorable ladies around. If you have a sweet tooth in Vegas and you aren’t familiar with Gimme Some Sugar… well it is time. Not only can you sit for hours and drool over the awesomeness that is their cakes, but they couldn’t be more fun. Every star from Kim Kardashian to Snooki and LeBron James to Britney Spears has celebrated in Vegas with a custom confectionary creation by Kristen and Miranda. As usual here is the questionnaire and their answers:
Vendor Spotlight Questionnaire:
2) Company: Gimme Some Sugar
3) How many years in business? 2.5yrs!
4) When you were 10 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? I grew up riding horses and competing- I was totally set on owning a stable, competing professionally, and teaching classes. I can even remember drawing up blueprints of the million dollar facility where that would all take place.
5) One TV show you never miss? Boy Meets World!
7) Favorite restaurant in Vegas? Ohhh Tough! I freaking LOVE food! Honestly, I can’t choose just one, or two….Vegas just has too many amazing restaurants!
8) Best part of your job? Seriously, It’s the few times I’ve seen a cake that I’ve poured hours and hours of time and effort into, get DESTROYED! There’s no such thing as “too pretty to eat”. No matter the size, shape, or design, the whole purpose of a cake is to be eaten and enjoyed!
9) How many years have you lived in Vegas? 6
10) Something you would love to learn how to do? Actually I’d really love to learn how to sew
11) Great Northwest Athletic Conference track and field academic award winner 3 years in a row. Whoa. What was your event and what is it like being a track and field rockstar? I primarily rocked the 400m and both 100 and 400m relays. Competing on that level was seriously some of the most fun ever- I was seriously bittersweet to end it all a year early to pursue culinary school. Which, by the way was the best decision of my life… no question!
12) What cake trend are you totally sick of? Hands down, cupcake towers- simply for the lack of artistic design capabilities.
13) Ok really how much snacking on buttercream and cupcakes happens behind the scenes? You do realize the rest of the world lives in jealousy… Haha…. I admit, we all nosh on cake and frosting daily. BUT, it’s usually just a bite and we’re on to the next task.
14) Hey party girl… favorite club in Vegas? XS and TAO Nightclub
2) Company Gimme Some Sugar
3) How many years in business? 3
4) When you were 10 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? Actually I knew in 5th grade that I wanted to be a baker. What can I say?! I was ahead of the curve.
5) One TV show you never miss? I don’t currently own a TV but when I did I had to watch Friends. After that I didn’t watch much TV.
6) What is something most brides do not know before they come and meet with you? Most brides typically don’t know what they want. Which can be a good thing! We work with them to find their style and mix and match the things they do like and what’s important to them. That’s how we get so many unique cakes!
7) Favorite restaurant in Vegas? Hmm that’s a tough one! I really like Max Brenner, great desserts. I’ve only had brunch at Bouchon but I’d love to have dinner there. Yes… this is a hint…any takers? I’m also dying to try Gordon Ramsey Steak.
8) Best part of your job? When someone has a great idea and then let’s us run wild with it. Nothing better than being excited for a project.
10) Something you would love to learn how to do? What wouldn’t I love to learn to do?! Surf, play piano, paint, cook (yeah I’m in the “I burn water” crowd), dance, play the harmonica, fly, speak another language, back handspring.
11) If you had to eat 1 cake for the rest of your life what would it be? One cake?! Forever?! Oh boy…. I say Banana, it’s versatile and nutritious?!
13) Dream boyfriend… Sean Hunter or Corey Matthews? Both?! I’d be a player fa sho. Well maybe not, if it were Corey Matthews I would get to be Topanga.
14) Most challenging cake you’ve made? Most challenging would definitely be our first Mario cake for multiple reasons. We didn’t have a sheeter so the fondant was rolled out by hand which is QUITE the work out. Plus we had soooo many figurines and each one is very time consuming.
15) What was a cake rockstar doing working at a Mercedes dealership?? I was hiding from the cake mafia. I had done some things….some bad things…. and I need a safe place. Only kidding. I worked there while going to culinary school actually. My mom’s friend got me a job there and it was so much fun. Especially when we got to take the cars to lunch. =)
Ok darlings, I am headed back to wedding land. I hope you enjoyed today’s vendor spotlight!! Have a magnificent weekend filled with fun in sun!!
x’s and o’s