JONESING ALERT. SWOON ALERT.
It is time do discuss things I am obsessed with right now. I love these posts because I get to tell you all about my passions of the moment. The perfect beautiful chaos of wedding season has slowed down the accumulation of new obsession. But my standby’s of Golden Spoon, Bravo, and Nordstrom Rack Shoe Department remain strong!
Where to begin?!
Mint, Lavender, Ice blue… is anyone else gaga for bright pastels. I am falling in love all over again. My minty nails are so joyful right now. And the must have the season is mint colored anything. Here are a few of my favorite fashion picks to get your fix…
Working a lush land of flowers and weddings I am pretty sure we go through phases of our favorite flowers. I am madly in love with pink hydrangea right now. Style Me Pretty posted this stunning wedding from San Francisco photographed by Silvana Di Franco Photography. The brides dress… LOVE. The pink… LOVE. So much to swoon about! Enjoy! For the full album check out Style Me Pretty.
Now for a Cinco de Mayo Special! I love history and trivia (shameless moment of the day: I Tivo Jeopardy). So I think we should have a little history and trivia moment, ugh yay!
- Cinco de Mayo is the anniversary of The Battle of thePueblathat took place between the Mexicans and the French in 1862.
- Cinco de Mayo celebrations came to theUS1967 when a group of California State University students decided to hold the first commemoration of the battle
- Mexican community celebrates more then 365 festivals each year. Cinco de mayo is one of them. That’s a party everyday, I don’t hate it.
- Mexico’s capital, Mexico City(one of the world’s largest cities) is sinking — some of its buildings by as much as 4 to 12 inches a year.
- The largest Cinco de Mayo event in the world is held inLos Angeles,California, where more than 600,000 people celebrate with music and food.
- The Mexican Hat Dance, mariachi music and sombreros are supposed to have originated in Guadalajara
Many of is in Vegas will be enjoying margaritas and the sunshine this weekend. The Floral Ninja Fairy says drink Davalos tequila… apparently the Anejo tastes like whiskey (her typical libation of choice). I am a Patron girl myself… but whatever you do to enjoy the holiday be safe and have fun!!
Ok my darlings. Wedding updates to come next week amidst the craziness that is Mothers Day in a flower shop!. I will be living on mashed potatoes and ice cream this weekend as I say goodbye to my wisdom teeth. Wish me luck!!! Have a fantastic weekend!!!