Hello Blogosphere! How are you all doing this lovely Thursday?? Wedding season is in full swing. Last week was Bridal Fashion Week. The Spring 2013 looks are beyond beyond. From a perfect Amsale peplum to Monique Lhuillier’s elegant pastels and Vera’s brazen reds to Carolina’s flawless pantsuit, everything was inspiring. I am still drooling over it all.
Here are some of my personal favorite looks from the shows:
And now for a super Hollywood Vendor Spotlight. The men of Memory Lane Video take the concept of the wedding video to a totally new level. Exceeding all expectations in a world filled with so much blah, Ricky and John create masterpieces for couples to treasure for years to come. Here is the traditional questionnaire and with a few added questions. Enjoy!!
Vendor Spotlight Questionnaire:
2)Company – Memory Lane Video, LLC
3)How many years in business? – 9 years in Vegas, over 20 years.
4)When you were 10 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? – When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be a physician. But I always thought a more with the left side of my brain. I was heavily involved in the arts and community events.
5)One TV show you never miss? Dr. OZ, I am obsessed!
6)What is something most brides do not know before they come and meet with you? Brides don’t know my diverse background. I think they are expecting to meet some artsy individual, however, I hold many degrees and am well versed on many topics. I think this makes me relatable to my client.
7)Favorite restaurant in Vegas? Currently my favorite restaurant in Vegas is Mundo at the WorldMarketCenter, a truly hidden gem.
8)Best part of your job? There are so many best parts of my job. For years I enjoyed the filming, but equally I enjoy client relations and marketing strategies. I love to read and learn and keep up with all things weddings. I honestly care about the every facet and trend of the art of weddings and wedding productions.
10) Something you would love to learn how to do? I would love to be a multi-business tycoon. I would love to own a franchise and intern with many of the top CEOs in the nation and observe their day to day management style and how they assimilate work life balance.
11) Memory Lane is always bringing something new to the table with each couple you shoot, how do you stay so innovative? Constant and consistent education. Reading, reading reading. I probably read over 300 pages a day on many related topics. You should see my bed room. Filled with magazines, books and I read online blogs and download books.
12) What path led you to wedding cinematography? John Sanchez Jr. brought me in to the business to create a ‘different’ cinematography company apart from the cliche.
13) How long does the editing process actually take? 2-4 weeks, depending on our workload schedule.
1) Name John Sanchez Jr
2) Company Memory LaneVideo
3) How many years in business? Going on 9yrs
4) When you were 10 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? An Astronaut
5) One TV show you never miss? Myth Busters is one of my favorites. I tivo all of them to make sure I don’t miss any.
6) What is something most brides do not know before they come and meet with you? How creative we can produce a wedding film these days. With 8 film makers collaborating on a wedding film, the creativity is always pushed to the next level. No one here at MLV wants a Bride & Groom’s Wedding Film to be like any other wedding film. We strive to be creative and make sure we are ahead of the competition.
7) Favorite restaurant in Vegas? Carrabbas
9) How many years have you lived in Vegas? 12yrs
10) Something you would love to learn how to do? As well as my passion for film, I love fast cars, Snow Skiing, and SCUBA diving….so anything I learn new with those interest of mine is a plus for me.
11) Memory Lane is always bringing something new to the table with each couple you shoot, how do you stay so innovative? I am crazy on technology, and how can I use technology to improve what we do. We have a great team of guys who embrace the opportunity to take anything we do to the next level. The competition is fierce inLas Vegas. Keeping ahead of the pack is made easier when you have a team of filmmakers working together. When the idea of using a Radio Controlled Helicopter to get aerial cinematography came up…the entire team knew we were on to something big and we needed to make the investment, learn how to fly, and make it happen. Here we are a year later and MLV is the only company using a RC Helicoper to film a couples wedding. We definitely push the envelope.
12) What path led you to wedding cinematography? I’ve been playing with computers and cameras since I was a kid. It just seemed natural that I would continue with the evolution of cameras and computers.
14) As someone who loves a fabulous party, how are you going to top last year’s birthday extravaganza? Wait till the KISS party on April 24th 2012
These guys are way way too cool. Taking your wedding day and turning it into a film filled with love, joy, laughs, oohs and aaahs. LOVE LOVE LOVE. For more info on Memory Lane Video be sure to check out there website here. Also check out some of their AMAZING work on their blog.
Stay tuned to the blog for our Enchanted Wedding update. I have to keep you all in the loop of the I Do’s that we are adding fairy flower magic too.
If you don’t have plans tonight hop on Facebook and check out the Sunny 16’ers Our fearless leader Kathryn was a team member and took part in the 48 Hour Film Festival last weekend. Tonight is the screening of hers and 6 other films. You don’t want to miss this one…. And your favorite blogger fairy is going to be there with bells on. Well maybe not bells, how obnoxious in a movie theater. But I am so excited and you better be there!! Sam’s Town at 7:00, buy tickets here from EventBrite.
X’s and O’s my darling readers.