Things I am obsessed with this right now!
Hola Blogosphere! It is time to update the blog, I had missed you so whilst I was away. So I thought I would bring back and oldie but a goodie… things I am obsessed with!
But before that! The fairies had three fabulous weddings and supplied the floral for an amazing photo shoot with Rock and Roll Bride! We are so excited for pictures and details on all of the fabulous!
Now for the obsessions!!
1) Clearly we need to discuss the OSCARS. The fashion, the films, something about the Oscars is majestic. Favorite gowns: Louise Roe wore the most stunning Black Halo dress. The architectural elements were so chic. Penelope Cruz is one of the few women who I find to exemplify the elegance of oldHollywood. In Armani Prive, Cruz looked flawless. Gwyneth Paltrow proved that capes haven’t looked so fabulous since Superman. She looked gorgeous in her all white Tom Ford ensemble. Jessica Chastain looked brilliant in her black and gold McQueen. The simplicity of her hair and makeup allowed the gown to take center stage! Berenice Bejo rocked the best braid on the carpet, not to mention that her spectacular beaded and embroidered Elie Saab. It was truly a night of great fashion… did anyone else notice the lack of necklaces? Neck bling is out, bring on the cuffs!
2) Pinterest. If you haven’t… don’t start unless you are prepared for a full blown addiction. Pinning is the way of the world. EFI will be joining the Pinterest world soon, its time to get our fabulous florals out there for all to see. It is a fantastic branding strategy, not to mention that several fabulous meals have come out of my kitchen this weekend thanks to some great pins! Definitely check out the pretzel coated honey mustard chicken tenders and the parmesan zucchini chips!!
3) The Honey Ceremony. This new wedding trend that I just discovered has quickly become one of my favorites! The bride and groom each take turns during their ceremony, dipping a finger (or spoon to avoid the sticky) into the honey to represent how sweet they are promising to be to each other. Then after the ceremony the couple can take the same bottle of honey home and every year have another taste as a recommitment to keeping the sweetness and kindness alive in their marriage. Also as a souvenir you can give your guests a mini jar of honey (under 4oz for flying) but they too can take part in remember the sweetness of the day! This reminds me of the Jewish tradition of giving a baby the Hebrew alphabet with honey so they learn to love and appreciate the sweetness of learning. This is such a special way to promise each other to remember the little things. For more info on the honey ceremony please check out the Perfect Wedding Guide Blog.
4) MARCH MADNESS!!! NCAA College Basketball March Madness is in full swing. We have many Runnin’ Rebels fans in the shop! Including Tom, star of Wasted White Guys as well as delivery engineer extraordinaire. There is something so exciting about filling out my bracket every year. Yet at the same time… I never seem to win a lot of money in a pool. Nonetheless the wins, the losses, tears, and cheers make this one of the best athletic moments of the year! Selection Sunday is March 11th… Are you ready? For more key dates of the tournament check in with ESPN.com.
5) Our very fabulous KC is currently reading City of Glassby Cassandra Clare. City of Glassis the third book in the Mortal Instruments series. While I was trying to figure out just what I am obsessed with this week, she let me know that she is kind of obsessed with this book, an action packed journey including demon hunters and a love story. Rumor has it this is a must read. Something for us to check out! For more info on City of Glass go to Amazon.com.
6) Crafting. Do you craft? This does slightly link to Pinterest, but that is beside the point. With our very talented, artistic, and brilliant fairies it is no surprise that in their spare time they craft. We have crocheted purses and ties, fabulous headbands, and more being made by the little fairies in their off hours. My crafting skills are saved for the kitchen and this blog, but I can live vicariously through them!
7) Summer, are you here yet? My final obsession this week is essentially my countdown until pool season. I am dying for the sun to shine and heat up SinCity. I just heard the fabulous M Resort pool has free admissions for locals on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer, and GIANT mojitos to boot. Ugh perfection. Also summer means beach vacations. YES YES YES. Have you planned a fabulous getaway yet??
What are you obsessed with right now?. Make sure to head down to First Friday this week. After a bit of Twitter hunting it seems the all new Chi Town Hustler food truck is serving up meatball sliders and sausage and peppers. This looks delicious! And the blinged out truck…. Unreal. Check out their site for the full menu and locations! Have a fabulous week darlings. I’ll check in soon with a vendor spotlight on the fabulous Couture Bride!